When you think of lawyers and the law, what comes to mind? Musty books, legal jargon, analytical thinking, courtroom drama? Bet you didn’t think about software. And that’s exactly how and why we’re making a difference. The people who use our applications are just like us and want something beautiful and visual, powerful and fast, in the cloud, on mobile devices and using data analytics. Let’s throw them a little love.
Developers at LLM have innovated for over a decade, learning, building and masterminding technologies and projects involving distributed processing architecture, search technology, data analytics and visualization, conceptual clustering and categorization, real-time grid-based rendering, open-source contribution, iOS apps, and work-process flow analysis (phew a mouthful, but trust us, it helped). We’re continuing to evolve our software at LLM, including front-end design, cloud-level scalability, database structures, search tech, and good old back-end business logic. We’re also laying new ground on mobile platforms.
If you’re ready to create a great product, explore new technologies, share your passion for great code and be part of a small, fast-paced team, then become part of ours and make a direct impact right away.
We looking to grow our team with an experienced Java web application developer who contributes in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include brainstorming and requirements gathering, design and development of new and existing application features, and partnering with QA. This person would be able to independently (and with a team) research and participate in selecting appropriate frameworks, libraries and processes for complex new features. Job duties also include proactively identifying system issues and improvements for code efficiency, client usability, system performance, and team tools. And while there are plenty of projects at LLM where developers focus on their core areas of proficiency, there is a great deal of opportunity – and encouragement — to gain experience with a variety of skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 4+ years of solid development experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly, works well with others
- Proficiency with Java
- Experience with relational databases like Oracle or MySQL
Useful experience may include:
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, JSON, XML
- Experience with Tomcat, JSP\Servlets
- Experience with *Nix environments
- Experience with creating automated tests like JUnit
- Experience/knowledge of how to develop for high performance/scalability
- Experience with Eclipse or comparable IDE
- Experience with search technologies like Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch
Some of our perks:
- Flexible work schedule, primary work-from-home option
- Cool downtown offices with a fancy rooftop terrace, events, amenities
- Showers for bikers/runners.
- Informal culture
- Nerf weaponry including catapults and rapid-fire delivery systems
- Company pays 100% of medical, dental
- Matching retirement contributions
- Generous monthly transportation stipend (for parking, public transport, bicycle tires, whatever)
- The position offers a great opportunity to learn and explore many technologies. A Computer Science/equivalent degree is preferred, but we will consider other exceptional candidates.
* We are a Velociraptor-free work zone