When you think of lawyers and the law, what comes to mind? Musty books, legal jargon, analytical thinking, courtroom drama? Bet you didn’t think about software. And that’s exactly how and why we’re making a difference. The people who use our applications are just like us and want something beautiful and visual, powerful and fast, in the cloud, on mobile devices and using data analytics. Let’s throw them a little love.
Developers at LLM have innovated for over a decade, learning, building and masterminding technologies and projects involving technologies such as distributed processing architecture, search technology, data analytics and visualization, conceptual clustering and categorization, real-time grid-based rendering, open-source contribution, iOS apps, and work-process flow analysis (phew a mouthful, but trust us, it helped). We’re continuing to evolve our software at LLM, including front-end design, cloud-level scalability, database structures, search tech, and good old back-end business logic. We’re also laying new ground on mobile platforms.
If you’re ready to create a great product, explore new technologies, share your passion for great code and be part of a small, fast-paced team, then become part of ours and make a direct impact right away.
LLM wants to grow the team with a web application developer who will be involved in design and development of new and existing application features, debugging and optimizing. The developer will have the opportunity to also participate in other phases of the software development lifecycle which include brainstorming and requirements gathering. Job duties also include troubleshooting and debugging issues, improving code efficiency and client usability, contributing to system architecture and team tool stack enhancement. You should be able to work well as part of a team and prioritize project tasks. While there are plenty of projects at LLM where developers focus on their core areas of proficiency, there is a great deal of opportunity and encouragement to gain experience with a variety of skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 3+ years of development experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly, works well with others
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Proficiency with Java and object-oriented development
Useful experience may include:
- Experience with Eclipse or comparable IDE
- Experience with creating automated tests like JUnit
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, JSON, XML
- Experience with Tomcat, JSP\Servlets
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with *Nix environments
- C, C++
Some of our perks:
- Flexible work schedule, primary work-from-home option
- Informal culture
- Company pays 100% of medical, dental
- Matching retirement contributions
- The position offers a great opportunity to learn and explore many technologies. A Computer Science/equivalent degree is preferred, but we will consider other exceptional candidates.