The Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) recently had its mid-year meeting in St. Paul, Minnesota. At this meeting, members of the 7-year-old organization discussed advancements and changes in the e-discovery industry and, as a result, what improvements or updates to industry standards were necessary.
Here is a brief recap of the highlights from some of the projects:
- Data Set Project: this project has a new file upload tool that better represents common files seen in data processing.
- Information Governance Reference Model (IGRM) Project: this project updated their model to version 3 in order to bring privacy and security to the forefront in info governance considerations.
- Jobs Project: this project presented the latest advancements of the RACI (responsible, accountable, consulted, informed) Matrix. The RACI Matrix is a tool to educate hiring managers so that they accurately fill e-discovery roles.
- Metrics Project: the EDRM Metrics database has been ameliorated with an easier way for participants to upload anonymous data to this collection.
- Search Project: the Computer Assisted Review Reference Model (CARRM) will be released soon to guide legal teams in the new realm of predictive coding.
Stay tuned for the release of items like the CARRM –the BLLAWG will have it covered.
Other BLLAWGs on EDRM: